Free Advent Printables! The Road to Christmas: From Eden to Pentecost.

Christmas Printables- Free for Kids
I had been looking for some kind of advent calendar to do with my young kids that would keep the focus on Jesus during the holiday season.  I also wanted them to understand how the Christmas story fits into the overall narrative of the Bible -the reason that Jesus came to earth.  I couldn’t seem to find what I was looking for that was within our budget, so I decided to make one!!  And then I decided to share it, since that is the spirit of the season!

So all of the printables and the script are included below for our advent calendar.  We call it “The Road to Christmas”.

First, we put up the 4 pages of “the road” that serve as our backdrop.  Everyday, the kids can stick the characters that pertain to that day’s part of the storyline to the road.  We start back in the Garden of Eden and explain why Jesus had  to come, continue on through His birth, and right through to His return to Heaven and the coming of Pentecost.  It’s the full timeline of Jesus.  It’s also very simple, so it’s good for younger children or ESL students.

So if you are looking for something to help your kids understand the true meaning of Christmas (maybe your Elf doesn’t know his Bible stories?!), you’re welcome to download it and walk through it with your little ones!  I would say it’s most appropriate for younger children, ages 2-6, but you could adapt it as you like.  Or even color them and use them as finger or popsicle stick puppets!

The Road to Christmas -From Genesis to Pentecost

And feel free to trace and make as many shepherds, angels, disciples as your heart desires!  (My 2-year old was distressed that I had only made 1 angel-where were the others singing?!)

Along with the pdf printable, I’ve included the basic script that we’re using to tell the story each day.   I originally wrote the storyline to be broken up into portions over a 2-week period, but you can adjust it so that it works best for your family -break it up so that you read a portion everyday of Advent or combine the portions together and just do it the week before Christmas, or you could even go start Christmas Day and continue until the end of December since the storyline continues through Pentecost.

I pray that it brings you and your little ones closer to the Hero of Christmas and reminds us all again just what a beautiful Savior He is!  Merry Christmas!

(Just click on each picture to bring up the full-size PDF.)

R2C.Characters1R2C.Characters2

R2C.Characters3

R2C.Scenery1R2C.Scenery2

R2C.Scenery3R2C.Scenery4

Road to Christmas Script

Click here to see some other blogs that I enjoy linking up with!

• bethany mcilrath November 21, 2016 at 10:57 am

Super cute! Thank you! Will definitely have to come back to for Sunday School for kids!

• Whitney November 21, 2016 at 10:57 am

This is great! I am working on preschool lessons with my daughter this year. It’s so hard balancing everything and finding Christian resources as well. Thanks for the free printable! This will help them as well as me!

• Brooke Grangard November 21, 2016 at 3:47 pm

I know how you feel! I hope that she (and you!) enjoy them!

• Sarah Koontz November 23, 2016 at 9:47 am

What a great idea, thank you for sharing! My kids are going to love this.

• Brooke Grangard November 23, 2016 at 5:06 pm

You’re so welcome! I had fun making them. Enjoy!

• Erik November 25, 2016 at 12:06 am

Dear Brooke, you are soooo inventive!
    Sorry we did not have your ideas when our children grew up…

Erik

• Brooke Grangard November 27, 2016 at 10:15 am

You’re too kind, Erik. I’ve heard about some of your nice advent traditions though!

• Patty Gordon November 28, 2016 at 11:39 pm

These are such a great resource. We aren’t religious due to my husband’s lack of interest. We both believe, but aren’t attached to a church or youth group where our kids would learn these lessons. I think this would be a great printout set for my kids to at least learn the REAL reason for Christmas. Thanks so much for posting this at the #mommymoments link party.

Patty

• Brooke Grangard November 29, 2016 at 11:12 am

Thanks, Patty! And I agree- that is one of the main reasons why I made them, so that my kids could understand the full storyline of Christmas -why we even have it in the first place. It does have deep, personal meaning to me since knowing Jesus personally (I feel like I’m telling the story of how a beloved family member was born!! 😀 ) but it also gives the historical timeline of His life. Thanks for visiting today!